Welcome to our website !

The Magic of Shelter + Roost

By 3:26 PM , , , , , ,

{pssst y'all: Follow my blog with Bloglovin!}

After weeks of waiting for the snow to melt along the winding gravel path to the little cabin tucked away in the woods, we were finally able to get it decorated for Shelter + RoostAnd we couldn't be happier with the results. 

Shelter + Roost, decorate by City Farmhouse in Franklin, TN
Shelter + Roost
While I love everything we did in each room, my favorite is the sleeping loft with the wall constructed of 1700 books!! It turned out just as I had imagined. With the French chandeliers and period French sofa (recovered decades ago in suede), it has the feel of discovering an attic in the countryside of France. It took about 15 hours to wedge each book in place. The entire wall is held together by wedging the books tightly beside each other, turning some with bindings out while others were just too special to tuck the brown, aged pages in - so many are turned with pages facing outward. I think this is my favorite design feature ever!



Shelter + Roost, designed by Kim Leggett of City Farmhouse in Franklin,TN
How amazing is this? A literature lover's dream!  
Shelter + Roost, designed by Kim Leggett of City Farmhouse in Franklin,TN
A major pick for the cabin: this period French sofa, recovered decades ago in suede
I have to say, I really love the master bedroom too. I wanted to combine a little industrial with a little elegance (hence the chandelier with an elegant form but made from chain), and a little cool trendiness too. At first, I was worried to go with the checked fabric on the bottom of the curtains, but I went with my gut, instead of my fears, and I'm thrilled with the results! Annie McCreary of My Swallow's Nest made them for me. She's my "go to girl" for all things curtains and slipcovers - such a talented seamstress!!!
Shelter + Roost, designed by Kim Leggett of City Farmhouse in Franklin,TN
Instagram photo by Annie McCreary of My Swallow's Nest

Shelter + Roost, designed by Kim Leggett of City Farmhouse in Franklin,TN
Instagram photo by Annie McCreary of My Swallow's Nest
I've included a couple of shots of the living room and kitchen area. Keep in mind none of these are professional images--just something I shot at midnight as we finished--I was too excited not to. I'll be sure to post the professional pics as soon as they are available. 





Shelter + Roost features five distinctive vacation rental properties in Franklin and Leiper's Fork, each offering something a little different (remember the Storybook Cottage we decorated last year?!).

For more information about renting this place, go to www.shelterandroost.com.

'Til next time.... happy picking! xx





You Might Also Like

0 comments